Jul 5, 2011

it is raining wildly and i just finished watching Before Sunset for fourth time or something like that. it is a lovely movie. I think the first time i watched it was when i was in class ten or eleven. And i remember thinking that Celine is me...she thought like me (minus all the wise stuffs). I felt close to the character (still now, i aspire to play guitar some day and know all about music) and I love conversations. I love how time becomes so insignificant when conversations start to be how you measure the length of whatever is happening instead of minutes or hours.

And that was also when I began saying Ethan Hawke is my favorite hero. Well, I also thought no one would ever think about Ethan Hawke and I could be the only person in this world, or at least in Nepal to love Ethan Hawke. I dont really know if that is true.

And I also loved Before Sunset because I knew then that no one else had seen it. What an illusion! Later I came to find some people who had seen it and I think I can relate to those people who have seen it. For me, it is basically the only criteria for judging people: whether they have seen it or not. I usually end up with people who have seen it though.

And here and now, I get suggestions from people to watch that movie and then realize, there is someone common between this person and me...but being who I am, I would never suggest anyone to see the movie, because I almost want to own it. I want no one else to experience what I experienced while watching the movie.

Conversations.

Once this guy who liked me, we had these 'conversations' and I mentioned that there is this movie called Before Sunset and I have been trying to get it but I cant find it anywhere in Kathmandu. And somehow the guy got hold of it and gifted it to me. He was like a fan of the movie or something after watching it. I dont know what he thought. Well, I think I have lost that copy and I think I will never go search for it. I believe that too much of something will ruin it and I particularly dont believe in physical ownership of something that I love after that.

Well.
This is all.

6 comments:

  1. my da gave me the two movies. after watching it i thought the movies were made for me, i cant really describe how i felt after watching them. It felt so familiar, as if i was listening to myself talking only i wasnt.it took me a while until i could recommend it anyone else, i didnt want them to see it either.it felt too personal.
    still does. its just a movie but also its so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also feel the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i just put that 'guy liked me' part because i wanted to sound cool raicha..hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to post a comment on your blog is like a hike to lakurebhanjyang.

    I wrote:
    "I watch those two movies once a year almost religiously"

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha :)
    and next time, maybe we can share the sofa and watch them both together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wrote this yesterday but somehow its disappeared:

    "haha! i dont blame you. have to say its pretty impressive on his part, hunting down the movie and giving it to you :)"

    ReplyDelete