Z and I went for our long awaited Dashain shopping; only to return empty handed.
The street was crowded with SALE posters and imposters;
ready to believe that what they wear is who they are;
Z looked at me and I knew exactly what she was feeling: nothing fits us.
We roamed around a bit more;
blings, beads, holes!
Never knew a piece of clothing could be traumatized to such extent.
Z and I encountered another one and it took us quite a while to know
where our head was supposed to go and where the shoulders.
We needed a refill; that is what we said
two plates of momo, one plate of haka noodles and a plate of chips chillies
went straight up our head;
I could not even move my eyes.
More walking and laughing;
and making fun of the hung dead clothes with vibrant colors:
don't know how they go together but they do.
I almost had an anxiety attack: NO NEW CLOTHES FOR DASHAIN!
but I have no religious obligation towards it;
it is this ritual addiction; manifest in my poor head that refuses to accept
that companies have stopped making clothes for my body type.
Z and I haven't given up yet;
today it is New Road; the mother of all shopping and centers;
perhaps more plates of momo and chips
and at least a decent piece of clothing to hide
our inability to shop.
The street was crowded with SALE posters and imposters;
ready to believe that what they wear is who they are;
Z looked at me and I knew exactly what she was feeling: nothing fits us.
We roamed around a bit more;
blings, beads, holes!
Never knew a piece of clothing could be traumatized to such extent.
Z and I encountered another one and it took us quite a while to know
where our head was supposed to go and where the shoulders.
We needed a refill; that is what we said
two plates of momo, one plate of haka noodles and a plate of chips chillies
went straight up our head;
I could not even move my eyes.
More walking and laughing;
and making fun of the hung dead clothes with vibrant colors:
don't know how they go together but they do.
I almost had an anxiety attack: NO NEW CLOTHES FOR DASHAIN!
but I have no religious obligation towards it;
it is this ritual addiction; manifest in my poor head that refuses to accept
that companies have stopped making clothes for my body type.
Z and I haven't given up yet;
today it is New Road; the mother of all shopping and centers;
perhaps more plates of momo and chips
and at least a decent piece of clothing to hide
our inability to shop.
I'd have to come back just for the the momo and chilli chips.
ReplyDelete