Let's not talk about the cute-guy-"who-used-to-sit-across-me-and-laugh"-who-now-sits-just-behind-me.
I half-entered the classroom, dreading the noise, the sheer amount of people (remember the anxiety that I mentioned previously?), uncertain as to where I should look, or not.
His eyes motion towards the free space in front of his; well not really but I imagine that it what he meant by giving me that glance. And as soon as I got seated, there was an awkward two-three seconds pause, like an intentional one to breathe or something, and he said, "tapai English class chai nabasne?" (Not even a question). I said, "yes."..."gaaro cha ho?" And then he searched for few more words (I guess) and said something that I can't remember word by word but it did not really matter. Words! Finally, some words!
Let's also not mention how he asked if he could have a look at the pen I was using and added, "If you don't mind, may I?"
(That was just way too much for even cute-ness). I should have explained what was taped to the pen but my brain had stopped functioning.
I offered the bottle of Dew (I am not sure why!!!) and he refused. In case he misunderstood the gesture, I offered it to the other guy sitting beside him. He refused as well. Mmm..maybe that is not the code to communicate. I mean, who offers Mountain Dew? Well, that was in my hand at that time (in my defense). Next time, I will buy some khudra sweets. Just in case. (That worked with the receptionist dai.)
Full stop. That was it to the conversation. Not even sure if it can be called communicating. Hahaha...but it was fun. People are starting to talk to me, ask me where I live, what I do. Stuff. I do not even want to ask them those questions but I give in.
Well.
I half-entered the classroom, dreading the noise, the sheer amount of people (remember the anxiety that I mentioned previously?), uncertain as to where I should look, or not.
His eyes motion towards the free space in front of his; well not really but I imagine that it what he meant by giving me that glance. And as soon as I got seated, there was an awkward two-three seconds pause, like an intentional one to breathe or something, and he said, "tapai English class chai nabasne?" (Not even a question). I said, "yes."..."gaaro cha ho?" And then he searched for few more words (I guess) and said something that I can't remember word by word but it did not really matter. Words! Finally, some words!
Let's also not mention how he asked if he could have a look at the pen I was using and added, "If you don't mind, may I?"
(That was just way too much for even cute-ness). I should have explained what was taped to the pen but my brain had stopped functioning.
I offered the bottle of Dew (I am not sure why!!!) and he refused. In case he misunderstood the gesture, I offered it to the other guy sitting beside him. He refused as well. Mmm..maybe that is not the code to communicate. I mean, who offers Mountain Dew? Well, that was in my hand at that time (in my defense). Next time, I will buy some khudra sweets. Just in case. (That worked with the receptionist dai.)
Full stop. That was it to the conversation. Not even sure if it can be called communicating. Hahaha...but it was fun. People are starting to talk to me, ask me where I live, what I do. Stuff. I do not even want to ask them those questions but I give in.
Well.
NAME?! ASAP!
ReplyDelete