Aug 4, 2011

he read my last name and asked
"Oh, are you in anyway related to Bhupi?"
and i think "there we go"
if i were in any way related to Bhupi,
I would not have had to learn who he was through Sankar Lamichhane's book.
I am telling you,
it brought out the funny, the generous, the carefree, the humble out of Bhupi.
I envy Bhupi for being who he is.
I envy Lamichhane for knowing him well enough to write about him
and I envy those who could have actually answered to that question in affirmative.

My father once told me Bhupi used to go to a restaurant where he used to stay and drink a lot.
i dont think he understands that Bhupi is a poet

(Bhupi is a poet not was a poet)

2 comments:

  1. That he lives on, despite so much happening/ info, is in itself an incredible achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i knew him but then maybe i would have dismissed him like everyone did...i dont know

    ReplyDelete