Nov 29, 2011

A Handful

I have had the most wonderful week so far. And I was supposed to blog about them; all of them. But somehow having a lot of fun means not having a lot of time to blog about it. (Dinner time. This blog will have to wait.)
-----------------chomp chomp chomp chomp chomp chomp chomp chomp chomp chomp gulp-------------

The dinner was awesome! So getting back to the week or weekend or well, some five to seven days of absolute crazy fun.

I am finally done with my course! And there are no more word counts, deadlines and paragraphs that I have to worry about but it is an unnerving feeling. Because now I do not know what I am supposed to do at night or in the morning or I don't know; basically the whole day! But then, I have been lucky; and busy. :)

The day my class ended, I attended a silent protest called "Stop Monsanto in Nepal"; but the goal of the silent protest was to demand transparency in this whole deal. I took some snaps from the event. If you are or have been following this news; I guess you will understand how serious this matter is in Nepal right now. 


 Sadly, this silent protest could not march ahead as a bunch of policemen stopped the march and created a line from their baton to prevent us from moving ahead. Well, the picture with the 'poo' pretty much says it all.


In the evening, I ended up attending a fund raiser concert, featuring Kutumba. This is my first time listening to a live instrumental band; and what a band myan! One of the most awesomest evening I have ever had. I thought a lot about what happened in the protest; and then somehow ended up thinking about how far I have come and how much I have changed; but mostly, I just listened to the music and sketched.

This all happened on the Friday so obviously, I slept really well that night.



On Sunday, I had a date with a friend. We chatted up and then we made bread!!! We were very much excited about this. And I must say, although the bread turned out slightly undercooked; we loved the whole process. I think I drank five or six cups of Jasmine tea (not really tea, the flavor was nice but it was like drinking water...I like that sometimes). Then we took a lot of pictures and went through some food blogs :D


I came back home, all inspired and ready to work on a wedding card design. I ended up realizing I love stenciling. My friend says the picture looks like a tuppi.

And, right now. I just returned back from a friend's sister's wedding. I borrowed by aunt's kurta (I always do) and showed up all formal and fancy; and was the only girl from the 'school gang'. I don't know how I manage to do that. But I am glad I went there. It just reinforced how much I hate dressing up for functions and meeting old school classmates. They stare, or not talk, or talk a lot, or try to take your picture while you are eating, or not laugh at your lame jokes but crack up theirs every time, or how you end up realizing how precious the few friends that you have are. :)

An adventurous day indeed.

Well, tomorrow,I have an interview sort of thing. I got a call from a receptionist I think asking me "Are you the cartoonist ABC recommended?". I had no answer to that. I think I will never have one.

:)


3 comments:

  1. the wedding card design is BEAUTIFUL!

    (but not more than bun dough. heheh. that one was a masterpiece.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a very good few days. more to come in the days to come I'm sure. And yes, I was saying that the sketch for the background is awesome! keep scribbling wongi!

    ReplyDelete