My friend Z is always trying to set me up with someone. Not like actually trying to set me up, but trying to make me comfortable with the idea of being set up so she keeps joking about it with me. We usually end up admitting it is way better being single. The idea of sharing your life is just way too overwhelming for both of us. So this post goes out to her, and a beautiful life ahead.
Being single is the best thing about life. We get all the freedom we want (except there are always parents trying to get you into the right track). We get to be what we want. We do not have to think about how we are going to look today or dread a bad hair day. Let's face it: it is ALWAYS a bad hair day for me. So I enjoy being single. I get to not brush my teeth in the morning and eat a lot of vegetable burgers, sizzlers and still laugh like a giant. Yes, I laugh like a giant. In public. I crack jokes; not like the ones that are rehearsed, lame ones. I am a lame joke cracker and I am proud to be one. Being single is being like a fish, swim all I want, in my own pond.
But, let's face it Z. Being single also SUCKS! Being single is waking up to knowing that going to bed will also feel the same way. Being single is drinking that beautiful cup of coffee alone in a cafe. Being single is walking on back home, with wistful thoughts of how it would feel to embrace someone, not hug.
Z, I have no idea about how it feels like to be together with someone, to share your life and it must be dreadful to know that you will have to leave behind so much and look into the future with this awful, sinking feeling. But you know what, it will not suck as much as being single. Even if we think being single gives us the freedom to enjoy our lives, having someone in your life means you get to share that joy with another soul; and a soul like yours will only deserve a soul full of goodness.
I am sure, being with someone forever is a huge commitment but being with someone is like still being a fish, but sharing an OCEAN with another. See the difference, I get the pond but You, my dear, you get the OCEAN!
Love you,
you know who.
Being single is the best thing about life. We get all the freedom we want (except there are always parents trying to get you into the right track). We get to be what we want. We do not have to think about how we are going to look today or dread a bad hair day. Let's face it: it is ALWAYS a bad hair day for me. So I enjoy being single. I get to not brush my teeth in the morning and eat a lot of vegetable burgers, sizzlers and still laugh like a giant. Yes, I laugh like a giant. In public. I crack jokes; not like the ones that are rehearsed, lame ones. I am a lame joke cracker and I am proud to be one. Being single is being like a fish, swim all I want, in my own pond.
But, let's face it Z. Being single also SUCKS! Being single is waking up to knowing that going to bed will also feel the same way. Being single is drinking that beautiful cup of coffee alone in a cafe. Being single is walking on back home, with wistful thoughts of how it would feel to embrace someone, not hug.
Z, I have no idea about how it feels like to be together with someone, to share your life and it must be dreadful to know that you will have to leave behind so much and look into the future with this awful, sinking feeling. But you know what, it will not suck as much as being single. Even if we think being single gives us the freedom to enjoy our lives, having someone in your life means you get to share that joy with another soul; and a soul like yours will only deserve a soul full of goodness.
I am sure, being with someone forever is a huge commitment but being with someone is like still being a fish, but sharing an OCEAN with another. See the difference, I get the pond but You, my dear, you get the OCEAN!
Love you,
you know who.
you are in the business of making me cry, aren't you. !
ReplyDeleteThank you for making me see that I have an ocean ahead of me ! an ocean full of possibilities and more, of love and more, of life and more.
time time ko kura ho -
ReplyDeletestill,
easier for the girls, since they get to pick and choose - and be asked out.
Z, yep, and ironically i ended up crying ni!!!
ReplyDeleteNorrbu: tei ho, time time ko kura ho ra manche manche ma farak parcha :) keta athawa keti ko kura hoina. ketile choose garna paaunu wa to have the liberty to be asked out bhandai ma usle Yes nai bhancha bhanne jasto chai lagdaina.khoi.
hahahahahah, I enjoyed your post and it made me remember the perks of being single, but I have a dispute to make! You mention the joys of being single entail: not worrying about bad hair, not bothering to brush teeth,and getting to eat whatever you want. I smiled because there are the things that have become more true for me after finding a healthy relationship. When I was single I tried to look nice for me (but also in case I ran into a hawti) and when starting a relationship I get self conscious and want to look good, but when you descend into a comfortable, stable relationship that's when I can really let go of hygiene and outfits because he loves me for who I am, not how I smell (thank goodness!) and there is so much beauty/security in that!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a long comment, but in other news, sometimes I miss being single and having to account for another person when making decisions.
hehe :) true true. tara k garnu. aba single ko perspective pani alikati dinu paryo ni :D (and i LOVE long comments)
ReplyDelete