I have been feeling sick from yesterday. I usually like to make a big deal out of it in front of my mummy but since mummy is not here, I am staring at my pink walls and wondering.
It started with a stomach ache; and went right up to my heart. Yes, I feel sick at my heart. It is this weird feeling.
I have been assigned the job of cooking and taking care of home while mummy is gone; and I love cooking so I had no problem with it. But, what I do have a problem with is when I have to feed people; "khana paskidinu parne", I would have thought my cousins were pretty much progressive-minded, or to the least young enough to realize that "let's serve the food ourselves" but no, they enter into the kitchen and look around, the male cousin (yes, i would like to highlight the gender here) finds a seat while the female cousin fidgets around while I get the "daadoo panyaun" ready.
And then I come to realize: that is exactly what I do when mummy is here. So, I am no better than them.
Shit. That is how sick I feel at heart right now.
It started with a stomach ache; and went right up to my heart. Yes, I feel sick at my heart. It is this weird feeling.
I have been assigned the job of cooking and taking care of home while mummy is gone; and I love cooking so I had no problem with it. But, what I do have a problem with is when I have to feed people; "khana paskidinu parne", I would have thought my cousins were pretty much progressive-minded, or to the least young enough to realize that "let's serve the food ourselves" but no, they enter into the kitchen and look around, the male cousin (yes, i would like to highlight the gender here) finds a seat while the female cousin fidgets around while I get the "daadoo panyaun" ready.
And then I come to realize: that is exactly what I do when mummy is here. So, I am no better than them.
Shit. That is how sick I feel at heart right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment