Mar 28, 2012

Kundera Saved Me


I know, I know, the title is crappy but he did! I have been so absentminded lately, as in forgetting where I kept my chasma or leaving my student ID back home or not responding to SMSes. I should have realized it would not take me long to forget to carry my paisa rakhne jhola!!!

Yesterday night, I was reading Kundera my way back home. After I climbed off the stop, I do not know why but I did not want to keep the book inside my bag so I decided to clutch it under my left arm. After five or so minutes of walking, I was craving for some Bingo Mad-Angles alias Tinkune (Nepali version). It costs NRs. 10.

I took out the fifty rupees note from my paisa rakhne jhola and gave it to the shopkeeper uncle. As I gobbled up the tinkunes with my free hand, and Kundera clutched under my left arm, I did not know what to do with the two twenty rupees notes that was returned. I thought for a while, I should probably be a little bit organized and take my paisa rakne jhola out and put them inside neatly. Be more responsible.

I decided against it and folded the notes into two and slipped it inside the book I was clutching under my arm.

****

Morning, I scramble through my jhola to look for my paisa rakhne jhola and I can't find it!!!

I found some change. Coins. Desperate, it has happened to me once before; but that was almost one year ago and I had somehow overcome the embarrassment of having to explain to the conductor that I had no money.

I could feel the similar pangs of breathlessness that I posted about yesterday.

And then, I realized. I had kept two twenty rupees notes separately inside the book. Kundera's book. A sigh of relief.

****
I am planning to walk all the way to my GRE class today. And then, the remaining twenty rupees for the micro ride back home.

2 comments:

  1. la! aba paisa rakhney jhola bhetena bhaney ta lastai raddi huney raicha ta

    kundera ko kun kitab?

    ho raicha, had to sign in

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to read Kundera myself. Which one you reading?

    I faced a similar situation today. It was pretty embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete