Apr 7, 2012

Phase I

I needed my therapy: craft. Needed to get things out of my mind and transform them into something more productive. So, here goes:

It's called signatures.

This is actually the most time consuming but the most soothing (at least for me) part; making these knots.

Pressing the pages.

This took me a while to figure out because the tutorial site used an old moleskin cover so I had to figure out how to create a cover for the notebook.

My work place. Hahaha; I am not sure but somehow it ended up being all purple-ish/lavender-ish! I do not know how!

Butterfly on the cover.

Ahh....not a really good photograph but who cares.

You see the binding; myan, that was slightly tough to get it right. I am still not sure if I got it right but I am happy with it.

This is why this is not a professional work. The gap between the knots. But I was worried I would tear the holes so well, I still love it!!!

7 comments:

  1. You made your own notebook?! Damn. I didn't even know it was possible to home-make notebooks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well...to be fair, you made your own skirt!!! How awesome is THAT!

      Delete
  2. this is awesome! I want to learn how to make a notebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) you cud refer to this link (http://www.trumpetvine.com/sketchblog/moleskine-reloaded/) it is pretty comprehensive actually.

      Delete
  3. wow - very crafty - send me one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, wow - email me your email address.

    ReplyDelete