Five years ago, I was so ambitious; wanted to travel the world and meet people. Five years now, I have settled down for normalcy and I rarely like 'meeting' people.
One of my closest brothers came by today to get some books to read. The closest younger brother I have ever had. I gave him Norwegian Wood by Murakami and A Fine Balance by Mistry.
He is someone I have shared a lot with and although we are not related by blood ( I met him during my school days), I think he is one of the first ones I ever became so close with.
He finds is bizarre that I am still in Nepal; not for the reasons that the usual crowd would think so but because he knows the five-years-ago me and perhaps, he is one of those few who knew that five-years-ago me.
I could not explain to him what I keep explaining, or trying to explain, to myself every night before I go to sleep.
I love it here. Not because I am some hard core nationalist; I am a Patan Hospital generation, and not because I think I can contribute to Nepal by staying in Nepal (some people have done some real harm by actually staying in Nepal).
I love it here because I am discovering (trying to) myself everyday. And, one more year sounds like a good plan, right?
don't know which one is better - to stay or to leave. I left - but I see a lot of good in staying. And vice versa. just pick one and stick to it in earnest.
ReplyDeleteBefore I came to college, I spent a year in Kathmandu travelling and writing. The best time of my life. Once you get into the process of creative expression and self-discovery, it's hard to place yourself in the system again. Good luck, enjoy your extra year.
ReplyDelete:) thanks colored ripe.
ReplyDelete