I remember the first time I ever heard about Tintin is from my brother. I knew it was a comic. I knew it involved a boy with an odd sense of hairstyle and a white dog called Snowy. I had no clue of what the stories were or the characters meant but all I knew was if my brother likes it, it must be cool. I dont remember having too many Tintin comic books around though; the only I do remember are those that our mummy bought us from Ekta once.
I would have loved to watch the new 3D Tintin with my brother but of course, I know we will manage to somehow share that enthusiasm of having watched it; separately, but still together in a way.
Today was an adventure for me and my awesome friends. Yes, I had to wake up early (and yes, 10 am is still quite early for me) but it was all worth it. By the time we reached the hall, we were all excited, hungry, sleep-deprived; and ready for an adventure.
Our seats were at the back, an awesome spot; and a pair of seat beside mine (and I will call it a pair) because a pair ended up seating there. I have to say I was distracted by their conversation, which had nothing to do with the movie, except for comments like 'oh, his nose is swollen' or 'mmmmmm...mmmmm'. And while me and my friend were laughing our ass out, they were chatting up!!!! Blistering Barnacles; such a shame!!! What a shame!!! And waste of the perfect corner seats.
The scenes were captivaing; I will not comment on the story; which was good, the old Tintin sort; but the execution was awesome! It is the company that matters; your friends who are crazy, roaring in the middle of a scene while the rest of the audience are following the posh-cinema hall etiquette; and us chomping down the popcorn before the movie even begins.
And yes, we managed to take some shots with the 3D glasses on. I know. I know. But seriously, how cool is that. 3D myan! I can never get enough of technology and we had such fun making fun of the ads in between.
I am sort of rushing with this post because today was a handful day; a lot of things! Amazing day!!! Amazing!!!
(Oh myan, I do not even have the energy to share what a great day it was; except for a friend who sprained his ankle: get well soon :) )
[and for those who would kill someone for fiddling with the original version: the movie Tintin's sequence is VERY different from the original comic version...but I liked the sequencing this in movie in a way..if that counts]
I would have loved to watch the new 3D Tintin with my brother but of course, I know we will manage to somehow share that enthusiasm of having watched it; separately, but still together in a way.
Today was an adventure for me and my awesome friends. Yes, I had to wake up early (and yes, 10 am is still quite early for me) but it was all worth it. By the time we reached the hall, we were all excited, hungry, sleep-deprived; and ready for an adventure.
Our seats were at the back, an awesome spot; and a pair of seat beside mine (and I will call it a pair) because a pair ended up seating there. I have to say I was distracted by their conversation, which had nothing to do with the movie, except for comments like 'oh, his nose is swollen' or 'mmmmmm...mmmmm'. And while me and my friend were laughing our ass out, they were chatting up!!!! Blistering Barnacles; such a shame!!! What a shame!!! And waste of the perfect corner seats.
The scenes were captivaing; I will not comment on the story; which was good, the old Tintin sort; but the execution was awesome! It is the company that matters; your friends who are crazy, roaring in the middle of a scene while the rest of the audience are following the posh-cinema hall etiquette; and us chomping down the popcorn before the movie even begins.
And yes, we managed to take some shots with the 3D glasses on. I know. I know. But seriously, how cool is that. 3D myan! I can never get enough of technology and we had such fun making fun of the ads in between.
I am sort of rushing with this post because today was a handful day; a lot of things! Amazing day!!! Amazing!!!
(Oh myan, I do not even have the energy to share what a great day it was; except for a friend who sprained his ankle: get well soon :) )
[and for those who would kill someone for fiddling with the original version: the movie Tintin's sequence is VERY different from the original comic version...but I liked the sequencing this in movie in a way..if that counts]
I remember a big blunder in Tintin in Tibet - while in Nepal, Tintin bumps into a bhariya who yells out in Hindi.
ReplyDeletehehehe,
ReplyDeletefilim ta ek choti DVD ma feri herna parla jasto cha
bichara kuna ma basne jodi ko kura khusukka sunne!!! CHAADAA!!!
but photo chai khichiyo hai gatilai sanga camera bhirne praniharu le j j bhanera bolayepani :D
hahaha...the movie was a lot of fun. i think my "favorite" ads by now are the islington college jingle, the broadband dancing dude and this jewelry ad with the woman who holds this huge paintbrush with the tip of her fingers. who paints like that?
ReplyDeletehahaha ...kanchang...i know...my friend almost died when she heard the nasal intro to the jingle!! i am sure it still haunts her in her nightmares.
ReplyDeleteand the lady with the big paintbrush must have some weird innuendos that i am not supposed to discuss in a blog hehehehe
hahahhahahha 'this is my owwwwnnnnnnnnnnnn'...sth like that. hahaahhahahaha
ReplyDeletehahah yes yes!
ReplyDelete