Mar 13, 2012

so far

Just finished watching Dead Poets Society (this is probably the third time?), we are trying to show movies to the students. I have no specific objective with it; but to introduce them to more visuals, audio and interaction. And some free time to relax.

I have also somehow started to do some "teaching assistant" stuff at N. Anthropology. Today was my first "official" interaction with a group of students and we were studying structuralism. I felt charged, I was scared but at the same time excited about this! The best part about it is, it is Anthropology. Something that I am increasingly feeling closer to. The only thing that made me sad was W has changed. Ego? I idealized him as a teacher, I do not want him to fall short in my eyes. I can in no way replace him. Seriously? He is the one who got me so much engaged with Anthropology. :(

GRE. Feels good to be in a class and learn but math is seriously not my mug of coffee. I was confused the whole time, trying to understand a foreign language. I am not sure if I will make it through. I am not sure what I am doing in that classroom. It has been seven years since I stopped "doing" maths. Now I understand how some of the students at N feel about Anthropology or Political Thought or writing/expressing.

Copying 1984 audio book in my mobile. It will be good to listen to it while waiting for the class to start, or in the micro.

I slipped in the bathroom, and my left hand hurts. Particularly difficult because I am a left-handed person. I feel like maybe I dislocated my arm but then I can move it. It does not really hurt so much but has started to slowly as I type. Rest perhaps? (Now I remember why I wanted to mention the slipping part. The moment my foot slipped, it was almost like the time went into slow motion because my brain became so alert. Every one accident that I had heard about regarding bathroom-foot-slip and subsequent death came flashing at the same time, and I could also visually and through my sense, feel the slippery tile and my left hand felt the thrust, the shock and the rushing of blood one after another. I thought about how I did not want to die this way, or break my left hand, and I also thought about my GRE classes and all the typing that I had to do and the work next day. Somehow this moment of emergency activated those neurons in my brain. Odd.

And why am I trying all of this: maybe I need to process it through, let it sink. All of this in one day is a lot to handle.

Goodnight.

4 comments:

  1. you should check out khanacademy.org - the manner in which this man explains stuff (and math is his forte) makes me want to go back to keelas haha ... it's only concepts anyway (also saying this because I'm not the one taking the test :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. but but Blogger/Blogspot, i don't wanna be Unknown when i post comments - nepa.li.
    you can ignore this comment plutoed-wongi.blogspot.com .. not sure what to do with google dai anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. yes i did. one-three videos a day, keeps my GRE-angst away.
    k garne hola timro yo id ko barema? is there no way you can post as nepa.li. kasto achamma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Khoi mandaina tala "comment as" ma - no worries there - - Unknown nai mero proxy bhayo aba yahan :)

    ReplyDelete