Nov 16, 2011

Microphile

I have started blogging for this site called Parakhi. The primary reason I started doing it is because I think I could use some good writing practice (especially with all the academic papers, I have been feeling that I am losing my touch with creative writing; or at least with the way I usually express myself). 


And, I had to decide on a profile I wanted to use for this site. I had the option of using my real name but I went ahead with "Microphile" (someone who loves traveling in micro-buses a.k.a micros; a common public transportation in K). 


Here goes my schizophrenic profile:
Microphile loves to travel however, since her fantasies of travels into the Egyptian pyramids and Saharian deserts are, well, mere fantasies; she makes do with the hazardous amount of traveling she has to do in micro-buses, aka, micros. She loves to read while traveling in micros. All that traveling has most probably caused some spinal/brain injuries that she is unaware of; while she continues to travel by micros every morning; observing the mundane and writing about them in this blog.

So far, I have written two blogs: Micro-waves and On the Road with Kerouac.

It is a weekly thing so I get a lot of opportunity to think while I travel; observe things that I would usually think about but forget soon enough and also share my experience of reading books inside a micro!!! Yes, I think that is one of the best thing about a public transportation (except from the fact that you are trusting a stranger with your life), you get to open up a book (if you are not standing, clinging, hugging, crouching, pushing, shape-shifting) and read.

More to travel, more to read and definitely, more to express :D

2 comments:

  1. I read 'On the road with keraouc' and i have to say, it was brilliant. you didnt say much about the book itself but somehow you being on the road with the book with the card drama happening, somehow it felt like a perfect summary . i really love it, so i will have to disagree with you saying you've lost your touch with writing. its something i envy of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! :D (I had a long conversation with my English teacher about Kerouac today; about how he came up with the concept of spontaneous prose. that sounds way better than poetry ni :D and i am looking forward to reading others books by him :)

    ReplyDelete